These Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies are lightened up but still irresistibly fudgy and decadent!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 16 brownies
Calories 173.5 kcal
- ¼ cup almond flour or oat four*
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped (4 oz)
- 2 TBS butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Vanilla Greek yogurt**
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips to mix in
- ½ cup 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream or coconut cream, or half & half
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees grease a 9x9” baking pan and set aside.
- Mix almond flour, cocoa powder and sea salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate & coconut oil/butter together in the microwave. Mix until completely melted.
- Mix in sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time until the batter is completely smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, whisk until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips!
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is just barely set and the edges are slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan. (20 = gooier brownies)
- When brownies are finished baking, place the pan on a wire rack and cool.
- Make the Ganache:
- While the brownies are baking, make the ganache.
- Add heavy cream to a small saucepan and warm over medium-high heat until it just begins to bubble. Do NOT let it boil.
- Turn off heat and whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla until the mixture is dark and smooth.
- Remove from warm burner and let cool slightly. The ganache thickens as it cools.
- Putting it together:
- Once the ganache is slightly cooled, pour it over your cooling brownies.
- Let the ganache firm up at room temperature or place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut and serve at room temperature, or serve cold!
*I prefer almond flour because it yields an even fudgier brownie. I have used both flours with great success! **Please do not try using regular yogurt. The thickness of Greek yogurt makes these brownies fudgy and chewy. I tried regular yogurt and was not happy with the results. Store in the refrigerator and warm in the microwave for 15 seconds to restore the fresh-from-the-oven taste!
Source : https://joyfoodsunshine.com/healthy-greek-yogurt-brownies/