These homemade vegan peanut butter eggs contain only 7 ingredients and are super easy to make! They would make a great addition to any Easter basket! Plus they are gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Chilling 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Calories 266 kcal
Peanut Butter Filling:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened/melted
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBS almond milk
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 TBS peanut butter
Make the Chocolate Coating:
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter together in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Put silicone egg mold on a baking sheet (for easy transportation).
- Put ½ TBS of the melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture into the well of a silicone egg mold. Use a small paintbrush to paint the chocolate up the sides of the egg-shaped well until it is evenly coated.
- Continue until all the cavities are filled. Set the rest of the mixture aside for later.
- Go back to the first well that was filled and re-paint the chocolate that settled on the bottom around the sides. Do this with every well
- Put the egg mold on the baking sheet in the freezer to harden.
Make the Peanut Butter Filling:
- Mix creamy peanut butter and softened/melted coconut oil together until smooth, either by hand or in a standing mixer or with a hand-held mixer. (NOTE: If you are using a peanut butter that is solid at room temperature, I recommend gently warming it in the microwave until it softens a little bit so it’s easier to mix).
- Add vanilla and sea salt and mix to combine.
- Add powdered sugar and stir/beat until combined and there are no lumps.
- Add 1 TBS almond milk and stir until combined. If mixture is too thick to spread, add an extra TBS almond milk.
Putting It Together:
- Remove the mold (with hardened chocolate) from the freezer.
- Fill each mold with ½ to 1 TBS peanut butter filling, making sure to leave a little room at the top for the rest of the chocolate.
- Once all the eggs are filled, return the mold to the freezer to harden for 15 minutes.
- Once peanut butter filing is hardened, remove the molds from the freezer.
- Scoop ½ TBS of the melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture (you may need to re-warm it slightly so it is spreadable) over each egg, immediately spreading it out to cover all the filling and connect with the sides of the egg. You will need to work quickly at this step, because the chocolate will set very quickly since the filling is frozen.
- Once all the eggs are coated with chocolate, place them in the freezer to harden.
- Once fully hardened (about 1 hour), remove each egg carefully from the mold and decorate as you wish! I just drizzled some extra chocolate/peanut butter topping on mine, but the sky’s the limit!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To serve: serve cold or at room temperature!
Source : https://joyfoodsunshine.com/vegan-peanut-butter-eggs/