Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta with Sausage is a super delicious one pot meal with penne pasta, smoky kielbasa, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce. A pressure cooker one pot meal!
Course: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, pasta
Cuisine: American, Cajun
Servings: 6 - 8 servings
Author: Sandy Clifton
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 14 oz Smoked Kielbasa, sliced in 1/2" rounds
- 1 Chicken Breast, skinless/boneless (optional)
- 1 small Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning Blend* (try my recipe or a store bought blend like Tony Chachere's)
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 8 med Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 12 to 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Gather all of the ingredients, and get all of your veggies and the sausage chopped before starting, and that will make for a smoother cooking experience!
- Turn on the pot to the Sauté function. When the display reads Hot, add the oil and butter.
- Add the sausage and chicken breast, if using, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and celery. Cook until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, Cajun spice blend, smoked paprika, and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the red bell pepper and chicken broth. Stir. Let come to a simmer (the (affiliate) glass lid helps it come to a simmer faster).
- Add the pasta and make sure it is submerged. Then place the lid on the pot and lock into place. Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Cancel the Sauté function. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button (or dial) and use the + or - button (or dial) to choose 5 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle has ended, turn off the pot (or press Cancel) and do a Quick Release of the pressure/steam. Start slowly to be sure only steam comes out, and then fully release it.
- When the pin in the lid drops back down, open the lid and stir the pasta.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, and let it melt.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parsley.
- Let sit uncovered for a couple of minutes to thicken up. This is a saucy dish, so it won't be thick like mac and cheese, but it will thicken some as it cools.
*It's easy to make homemade your own Cajun Spice Blend
Source : https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-creamy-cajun-pasta-sausage/