Kentucky Hot Brown Dip is the cheesy appetizer recipe you need, whether you need Kentucky Derby snacks the Run for the Roses with a Kentucky Derby Day party, want to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey, or just looking for a gooey good new addition to your holiday menu. Everything you love from the classic Southern sandwich gets baked into a hot cheese dip recipe loaded with turkey, bacon, and tomatoes.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Takes the classic Southern open-faced sandwich and transforms it into a gooey hot appetizer dip.
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature (I used light)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt I used nonfat
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 oz. about 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, divided (I used Cabot Extra Sharp)
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- one small tomato seeded and chopped
- 6 slices bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese can also use parmesan
- Crackers sliced baguette, vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, nutmeg, 4 oz. (about 1 cup) cheddar, and turkey until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a glass baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top with tomato, bacon, the remaining 2 oz cheddar cheese, and the pecorino romano cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly, and lightly browned.
- Serve with crackers, baguette slices, and veggies for dipping.
Source : https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/kentucky-hot-brown-dip/