- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup gooey medjool dates (about 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
KEY LIME FILLING
- 1 cup dairy-free So Delicious Key Lime coconut milk yogurt (two containers)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk in a carton)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- juice and zest of 1 large lime (or 2 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons tapioca starch/flour, divided (helps to set; can also use arrowroot or cornstarch)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon green spirulina (or chlorella) until desired color is reached
- 2-4 dashes of ground turmeric, until desired color is reached
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (unrefined for more coconut flavor; refined for less coconut flavor)
- Line a 9x9in square pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend oats, pecans, almonds, coconut and sea salt, until finely ground. Add the dates and pulse until dates are ground up small and well incorporated.
- Next, add in water and pulse until mixture is sticky and no longer crumbly - it should not crumble apart in your fingers, it should stick together. Press down mixture evenly in pan with your hands. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, make the key lime filling. All ingredients were carefully chosen to help the filling to stay set. In a high speed blender, blend up the yogurt, coconut milk, coconut butter, maple syrup, lime zest and juice, vanilla, TWO TEASPOONS tapioca starch and spirulina and turmeric.
- You'll have to play around with the spirulina and turmeric until you reach your desired color, but add in the tiniest amounts at a time - you can always add more but you can't remove it!
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Mixture will look coagulated. Now we will blend in the remaining 2 teaspoons tapioca starch and coconut oil and the filling will no longer look coagulated - just keep blending until it looks smooth!
- Remove crust from freezer and pour filling mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours to fully set (You can also freeze the bars for more of a frozen type treat and then thaw for 5-10 minutes before slicing into squares and eating).
- Slice into 9 squares, top with So Delicious Coco Whip.
Keep refrigerated and covered up to 3 days, or freeze remaining squares up to 3 months, and let them thaw 5-10 minutes before eating.
Source : http://www.theglowingfridge.com/key-lime-coconut-dream-bars/