prep time: 15 MINS
cook time: 25 MINS
total time: 40 MINS
You need less than 10 ingredients to make my Key Lime Pie Bars. These squares are zesty, filled with lime juice and are the perfect spring time dessert!
- 12 large graham cracker rectangles
- 2 tablespoons ground pecans
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons lime zest (about 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (regular limes are fine too)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8×8 square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Make sure all the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, leave oven on.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the yolks for 2 minutes. Add the condensed milk and continue to whisk for another 2 minutes. Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides, add the lime zest. With the mixer on low, drizzle in the lime juice, let mixer run for 2 minutes once added. Pie mixture will be slightly thicker when done. Pour the filling into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack. Filling will set as it cools. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Slice and serve chilled.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://littlespicejar.com/key-lime-pie-bars/