PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES SERVINGS: 6 CALORIES: 426 KCAL AUTHOR: RECIPEGIRL.COM
This Lemon Dream Coffee Cake is a lemon pastry-style coffee cake with a simple sweet icing and toasted almonds.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sliced & toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (measure, then sift)
TO PREPARE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray a rimmed baking pan (jelly roll pan) with nonstick spray or line with parchment.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour all at once. Beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a food processor. Add the eggs one at a time, processing until eggs are fully incorporated. Mix in the lemon zest.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a 3x15-inch rectangle on the prepared baking sheet (space them at least 3 inches apart). Bake 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
PREPARE THE ICING:
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, butter, vanilla, lemon juice and almond extract over medium-low heat. Whisk in 1 cup of the sugar; add remaining sugar as needed until icing reaches drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing decoratively over cakes. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
Source : https://www.recipegirl.com/lemon-dream-coffee-cake/