- 1 1/2 cups (201g) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- 7 tbsp (98g) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese
- yellow icing color or food coloring, if desired
LEMON WHIPPED CREAM
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves, optional
- Grease an 8 or 9 inch pie pan and preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, then bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest then set aside.
- In another large bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until very stiff peaks form.
- Add the mascarpone cheese to the whipped cream and whip on medium speed just until combined, then continue gently folding together until well combined.
- Add about 1/3 of the lemon mixture to the whipped cream and gently fold to combine.
- Add the remaining lemon mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Add a little yellow icing color or food coloring, if desired.
- Add the filling mixture to the cooled pie crust and refrigerate until firm, 4-5 hours.
- To make the lemon whipped cream, add all four ingredients to a mixer bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Top the pie with some lemon slices and mint leaves and pipe swirls of whipped cream around the edge.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2017/07/05/lemon-mascarpone-cream-pie/