Mexican Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado is a refreshing low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, Paleo, and Whole30 appetizer recipe for these warmer months! Serve it with tortilla chips, on top of your favorite chicken dish, or eat it by the spoonful for lunch or dinner!
Course Appetizer, Main Course, Snack
Cuisine Mexican, Seafood
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 133 kcal
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled, deveined,
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded, finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes finely diced
- 1 cup cucumber finely diced
- 1 cup avocado finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add shrimp to boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until shrimp turn a light pink color and are cooked through.
- Immediately remove shrimp so they stop cooking. Once shrimp are cool enough to touch, cut shrimp into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt. Add shrimp and marinade in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Mix in diced onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and cucumber. Marinade in refrigerator for at least another 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in avocado and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or over chicken and enjoy!
Source : https://www.evolvingtable.com/mexican-shrimp-ceviche-with-avocado/