SIMPLE, MEYER LEMON OLD FASHIONED RECIPE! A BRIGHT AND REFRESHING SPIN ON THE CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL WITH RYE, BOURBON, OR WHISKEY.
Prep Time 5 mins
Total Time 5 mins
Simple, meyer lemon old fashioned recipe! A bright and refreshing spin on the classic old fashioned cocktail with rye, bourbon, or whiskey.
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 1/2 medium meyer lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 dashes angostura bitters
- 4 oz rye, bourbon, or whiskey (go for the good stuff)
- ice, meyer lemon wedges, maraschino cherry for serving (optional)
- Cut your half meyer lemon so that you have 2 wedges.
- Gently rub the rim of your cocktail glass with the juicy part of the lemon.
- Squeeze the juice from both wedges into your glass.
- Add the sugar and bitters and stir just to dissolve.
- Add ice to your glass if you wish.
- Add 4 oz of rye and give a gentle stir.
- Top with lemon wedges and a maraschino cherry (optional). Enjoy!
Source : http://www.rhubarbarians.com/meyer-lemon-old-fashioned/