Prep Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours
Author Jessica Knott
- 36 chocolate Oreos Cookies (I used Family size)
- 1 (8 oz) block reduced fat cream cheese
- splash of almond extract
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate melting chips
- Combine Oreo Cookies in a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a fit with a mixer and paddle attachment. Reserve 1/2 cup Oreo Cookie crumbs for the topping and place the remainder in the bowl. Add a splash of almond extract and cream cheese then mix on low until a dough forms which may take a few minutes. Add in mint chocolate chips. Allow dough to cool in refrigerator for about an hour. Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls and roll between hands. Place on a wax paper prepared cookie sheet (that can fit in the freezer.) Once balls are rolled, place the full cookie sheet in the freezer for about 60 minutes.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes on power level 4. Power level must be low otherwise chocolate will burn. Mix chocolate until melted. Rest a frozen ball on the the end of a fork and using a spoon, spoon melted chocolate over the ball until coated then allow it to drip into the bowl to get excess chocolate off. Sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top quickly then carefully place on cookie sheet. Repeat until done. Refrigerate in between eating.