Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 cookie bars
Layers of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla make these Neapolitan Sugar Cookie Bars a fun dessert. Save time in the kitchen by making and frosting these easy cookies in one pan.
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 cup Nestle Nesquik strawberry powder
- 1 Tablespoon Nestle Nesquik strawberry syrup
- pink gel food coloring
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag Neapolitan M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat into the butter mixture.
- Divide the dough evenly into two bowls.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and cocoa powder to one bowl. Stir until completely mixed in. Press the dough evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add the strawberry extract, powder, and syrup to the other bowl. Stir until completely mixed in. Add a little bit of food coloring and stir until it is your desired color. Drop the dough by spoonfuls on top of the chocolate dough. Gently press it out until it covers the chocolate layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Beat the butter vanilla, and salt until creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat until mixed in. Beat on high for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cooled bars and top with chopped M&M's, if desired. Cut into 24 squares. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Source : https://insidebrucrewlife.com/2018/03/neapolitan-sugar-cookie-bars/