- 6 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice (Minute Rice)
- 2 cups broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, add the olive oil, onion, and sausage. Over medium heat, saute until sausage is cooked - about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and peppers. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a medium-low. Add the broth, salt, pepper, and rice. Stir to combine. Cover the skillet or dutch oven with a lid and allow the rice to cook for 5 minutes.
- The broth should be absorbed, if not, keep the lid off and continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat, serve immediately and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Source : http://www.lordbyronskitchen.com/one-pot-sausage-peppers-rice/