Can't decide between cinnamon rolls and french toast for breakfast? Now you don't have to with my Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake! Super-easy to make, using frozen cinnamon rolls, this overnight dish is perfect for company or anytime you want to treat your family to a delicious breakfast or brunch!
Author: Erin Indahl-Fink @DelightfulEMade
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 package, frozen cinnamon rolls (12 rolls in a package), cut into quarters
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- (Cream cheese frosting from cinnamon roll package)
- In a medium casserole or baking dish, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the frozen cinnamon rolls into quarters, and evenly spread into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together well, and pour over the cinnamon roll pieces. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, at least 6-8 hours. Rolls will begin to thaw and rise.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and bake the French toast for 35-40 minutes or until the rolls are well browned on top. Remove from oven and frost with the cream cheese frosting from the cinnamon roll package (if desired). You can also top with your favorite syrup.
Source : https://lilluna.com/overnight-cinnamon-roll-french-toast-bake/