Yield: 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/4- 4 3/4 cups flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup reserved cream cheese mixture
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- splash of vanilla
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in milk, melted butter, salt, eggs, and 1 cup of the flour. Beat till smooth. Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead till smooth.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Beat cream cheese till soft and fluffy. Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar and beat till smooth. SET ASIDE ABOUT 1/3 CUP OF FILLING. In another small bowl, combine the jam and diced strawberries.
- Roll out dough on a greased counter to a rectangle about 10x15". Spread on the cream cheese mixture, then the berries. Roll up and pinch the edge to seal.
- Cut log into 12 slices and place in a well greased 9x13" pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Add the 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to the reserved cream cheese mixture. Beat till smooth, adding enough milk to get a thin glaze. Then place icing in a ziplock bag in the fridge.
- Let rolls chill in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Remove rolls and bag of icing from the fridge. Place the rolls in a warm spot and let them rise till doubled (about an hour.)
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or till done in the middle. You may need to cover them with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Cut a corner in the ziplock bag and glaze rolls while still warm.
Source : https://www.creationsbykara.com/2018/01/overnight-strawberry-cream-cheese-rolls.html/