Course Dairy Free, Dessert, Gluten Free, Paleo
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours*
- 1/4 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter and coconut oil until well mixed. Add in the coconut sugar, cacao powder, salt, vanilla, and almond flour.
- Mix completely until all the ingredients are well combined. Press into prepared pan and chill in the fridge until solid. Wait at least 1 hour before topping it with the cheesecake.
- Drain the soaking cashews and rinse them through a fine mesh strainer. Place them in a high powdered blender or food processor.
- Add in the coconut oil, almond milk, honey, salt, and lemon juice. Blend on the highest speed until completely smooth- about 5-7 minutes. Stop as needed to scrap down the sides.
- Once smooth, pour the mixture over the brownie layer. Smooth the top to make even and pretty. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Top with a chocolate drizzle if desired. 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted and drizzled on top.
*Cashews need to be soaked in cold water for at least 4 hours or over night. You can also soak them quickly using hot water and soaking for 1 hour. I like to change the water half way through.
Source : https://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2018/02/26/paleo-no-bake-cheesecake-brownies/