The Houston barbecue scene, already enjoying the redolent riches of a novel moving ridge of pitmasters smoking amongst potency as well as a distinctly local outlook, is close to croak a novel concept that aims to rewrite the notion of a barbecue restaurant.
Pappas Bar-B-Q Jalapeño Creamed Corn Pudding
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ loving cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dark pepper
- 1 loving cup heavy cream
- ½ loving cup whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Melt butter inward a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add inward corn, diced onion, jalapeño, garlic, kosher common salt as well as dark pepper. Sweat for 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add heavy cream to the pan as well as convey to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes until the cream has reduced past times half.
- Add milk as well as furnish to a simmer, hence plough off the heat.
- Remove ¹/3 of the cream-corn mixture as well as house inward blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour puréed mixture dorsum into the sauté pan as well as stir until fully combined.
- Bring cream corn dorsum upward to a simmer as well as add together inward cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted.