Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes - pumpkin spice cupcakes studded with chocolate chips, topped with cream cheese frosting and chocolate sauce | by Lindsay Conchar for TheCakeBlog.com
Pumpkin spice cupcakes studded with chocolate chips, topped with cream cheese frosting and chocolate sauce
Author: Lindsay Conchar Yield: 12 Cupcakes Skill Level: ✽ ✽ ✽
For the Cupcakes:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate sauce, optional
Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Add butter, oil and milk to a large mixer bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ full.
- Bake cupcakes for 21-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Make the Frosting:
- Combine the cream cheese and butter and mix until smooth.
- Add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Use a large round piping tip to pipe swirls onto the cupcakes. Top with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, if desired.
Store cupcakes in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Source : https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2016/10/14/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cupcakes/