These paleo raspberry lemon bars are absolutely heaven! A lemon cookie crust is topped with creamy tart sweet lemon curd, homemade raspberry sauce and more cookie crumbles to top. Everything is baked to perfection and cut into bars for the ultimate dessert! Gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar, grain free.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Cooling Time 2 hours
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 16 bars
Calories 260 kcal
- 1 batch Homemade Lemon Curd You'll use the whole batch
- 2 cups Fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice or water
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil refined, melted and cooled to almost room temp
- 1/2 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract optional
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place raspberries, honey, and lemon juice or water in a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/med-hi to bring to a boil, stirring.
- Once raspberries have broken down, whisk in the arrowroot starch and continue to cook on med heat/simmering for 5-10 mins or until thickened, then set aside to cool.
- While lemon curd and raspberry sauce cool, make the cookie dough for the crust/crumble.
For the Cookie Dough:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer on low speed to cream together the nut butter, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, lemon juice, zest, and extracts. Stir the dry mixture into the wet until a sticky dough forms.
- Chill dough until firm enough to press into the pan - about 10-15 mins
- Line an 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper along bottom and sides and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Press 2/3 of the chilled dough into the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Chill remaining dough in the refrigerator while crust pre-bakes.
- Bake bottom crust in the preheated oven for 8-10 mins until set. Once done, pour the lemon curd over the crust, then top with raspberry mixture.
- Take the remaining chilled dough and drop in small pieces (mini-cookies!) over the filling until used up.
- Return to the oven and bake 25-30 mins or until cookie crumbs are set and lightly browning and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire racks completely, then chill for easy cutting before serving. Once set, use a long sharp knife (for even edges) to cut into bars. Enjoy!
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/raspberry-lemon-bars-paleo/