Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Peppers - onions, garlic, spinach, seasoning, ricotta and parmesan cheese, and a grain of your choice stuffed in a bell pepper! The perfect entree for Meatless Monday or a dinner with vegetarian friends!
Author: Garnish & Glaze
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach, chopped (about 6 ounces)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1½ cups ricotta, part-skim
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces container grape or cherry tomatoes
- For the Garnish:
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh flat parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place tomatoes in a 9x13 pan and drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix ricotta and Parmesan together. Add in the spinach mixture and stuff into peppers. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and arrange in the pan with the tomatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with more Parmesan and some fresh parsley or basil.
- Serve over rice, orzo, or quinoa.
Source : https://lilluna.com/spinach-ricotta-stuffed-peppers/