- 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 14 Hershey Kisses of choice, (you can use different flavored Hershey Kisses)
- 1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 small jar Mrs. Richardson’s Caramel Topping
- Mediterranean Sea Salt
Other optional toppings:
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling before baking
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick baking oil
- Roll out the pie crust on lightly floured counter top.
- Made 2½ inch circles with a knife or biscuit cutter (I used a drinking glass)
- Place one Hershey Kiss in each circle.
- Fold ½ of the pie dough over the Kiss and seal the pie dough.
- Pull the other half of the pie dough up forming a criss cross and pinch to seal the edges.
- I got 16 pillow puffs by re-rolling all the scraps out.
- Brush each pillow puff with the egg wash and then sprinkle with a little granulated sugar or Mediterranean salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 15 to 20 minutes or until your pillow puffs are golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Drizzle with Mrs. Richardson’s Caramel topping and sprinkle with Mediterranean Sea Salt. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe inspired by Debbie at Life is Sweets