PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES COOK TIME: 6 HOURS TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 30 MINUTES SERVINGS: 6 BURRITOS AUTHOR: RECIPEGIRL.COM
These easy-to-make slow cooker burritos are a family favorite for dinner!
- 32 ounces Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup guacamole
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- Place the carnitas in a slow cooker. Add 1 cup of water, and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the carnitas are finished cooking, remove the meat to a cutting board and shred it apart.
- To assemble the burritos: Warm the tortillas in the oven and place on a large cutting board. Divide the filling ingredients between the tortillas, then wrap the tortillas into burritos. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Source : https://www.recipegirl.com/slow-cooker-carnitas-burritos/