prep : 40 mins
cook : 12 mins
total : 52 mins
yield 2 dozen cookies
Ultra thick soft batch peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chunks! Perfect with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (bleached or unbleached will work fine)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (kosher or table salt)
- 8 ounces chocolate, chopped into chunks (see post for reference)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (see post for reference)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla and beat until smooth; about 2 minutes. Add in both sugars and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed, about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Turn mixer off. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together lightly before turning the mixer back on low and mixing in the dry ingredients until just combined. Be sure not to over mix here.
- Turn mixer off and use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chunks. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 2 days. If you refrigerate the cookie dough for more than 30 minutes, you will need to bring it back to room temperature before baking.
When ready to bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop two tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookies for spreading.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
The total time above includes chill time.
Source : https://bakerbynature.com/soft-batch-chocolate-chunk-peanut-butter-cookies/