- 3 pkgs ramen (seasoning packet discarded)
- 1½ lbs med-large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cups chicken, vegetable or seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (depending on your heat level)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ¾ cup carrots diced
- ¾ cup sweet peppers diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- juice of 1 lime
- In a skillet on medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until firm and pink. Set aside
- In a large pot on medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots, onions, cabbage and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes add garlic and ginger cook another minute.
- Add stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and mix until combined. Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the dry ramen noodles to the broth and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve into bowls, adding shrimp and garnish with cilantro and squeeze of lime juice if desired.
**If you don't plan on eating this right away make the ramen noodles separately then add them together as served. The noodles soak up the broth and become more soggy if they sit for a long time. This recipe makes 4 large servings.
Source : https://butteryourbiscuit.com/spicy-shrimp-ramen-bowls/