These frozen strawberries and cream daiquiris are likely unlike any daiquiri you have encountered before. Made with fresh strawberries, sloshed with rum, peach schnapps and simple syrup and then layered with homemade vanilla whipped cream, these boozy, fruity treats are the perfect beverage to keep on hand for your summertime day-drinking escapades.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 glasses
- 1 cup heavy cream 240 ml
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar 32 g
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 3 ml
- 3 cups strawberries--halved 600 g
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 5 oz clear rum 150 ml
- 3 oz simple syrup** 90 ml
- 2 oz peach schnapps 60 ml
- In medium sized bowl, with hand-mixer, whip together heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until desired whipped consistency is reached.
- Set in fridge until daiquiri mix is ready.
- In blender, pulse together strawberries, ice, rum, simple syrup and peach schnapps on high speed until smooth and completely blended.
- Remove whipped cream from fridge. Pour daiquiri mix into glass, filling approx. 1/3 of the way full, then spoon whipped cream on top of daiquiri and repeat until serving glass is full.
**I always make my own simple syrup. To do this, simply dissolve one part granulated sugar into one part water by heating the two ingredients in a saucepan on low-medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved, then removing from heat and allowing to cool completely before using in your mixed drinks.
Source : https://sugarspunrun.com/strawberries-and-cream-daiquiris/