Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 35 mins
Strawberry Poke Cake happens to be one of my new favorite cakes and definitely my new favorite version of strawberries and cream! This is the cake you are going to want to serve from Valentine’s Day all throughout the summer!
Recipe type: Dessert, cake
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (plus ingredients listed on cake mix)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 11.75 oz. jar strawberry topping (it’s by the ice cream toppings in the grocery store)
- 1 8 oz. container of whipped topping
- Valentine’s sprinkles, for decoration if desired
- Fresh strawberry, for decoration if desired
- Make and bake cake in a 9 x 13 pan according to directions on the box.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and strawberry topping together.
- While cake is still warm, poke holes in it every inch with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cake making sure it fills the holes as much as possible.
- Let the cake cool.
- Spread whipped topping over cake.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 or more hours. My family likes this cake best the next day.
Source : http://www.littledairyontheprairie.com/strawberry-poke-cake/