Sunrise Sweet French Toast - a sweet french toast topped with sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream
Want to make breakfast special? This Sunrise Sweet French Toast is the best way to celebrate a special day or show someone special that you love them. Sweet and special!
Author: Deborah Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: 8 servings Category: Breakfast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 oz) loaf brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325ยบF.
- Combine the sugar and the cinnamon in a large shallow bowl. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in the evaporated milk, marmalade, and vanilla extract.
- Cut the bread into 16 slices.
- Heat a large griddle over medium heat. Melt the butter on the griddle.
- Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture, then turn over, making sure to coat the slice completely. Place on the hot griddle. Continue with the remaining slices of bread, making sure to stir the egg mixture after every couple slices to ensure the sugar stays mixed in.
- Cook each slice until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes, then turn and cook on the second side until golden brown. Transfer the cooked French toast to a baking sheet.
- Once all of the French toast has been transferred to the baking sheet, cover the sheet with foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve topped with sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream, if desired.
Source : https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/sunrise-sweet-french-toast/