- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp (43g) natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp gelatin, optional
- 2 tbsp (30ml) cold water, optional
- 20 oz (565g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (82g) brown sugar, unpacked
- 3/4 cup (180ml) caramel sauce, room temperature
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tbsp (14g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides. NOTE: If your springform pan leaks, use a 9-inch cake pan so the brownie batter won’t leak out while baking.
- To make the brownie, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow brownie to sit for 3-5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once the brownie is cool, make the cheesecake. If using the gelatin, sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes, the heat in the microwave until warm and dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly. If not using gelatin, move to next step.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- If using gelatin, add it to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add the caramel sauce to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the brownie back into the 9 inch springform pan. Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper that sticks about an inch above the sides of the pan to account for possible overflow.
- Top the brownie with the cheesecake mixture and spread into an even layer, then refrigerate until firm, about 5-6 hours.
- Once firm, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- To make the whipped cream for the top, whip the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Pip swirls around the edge of the cheesecake and top with pecans.
- Finish cheesecake off with some chopped pecans and chocolate and caramel sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2016/09/19/turtle-brownie-cheesecake/