Recipe By Tessa
Yields 16 brownies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup chocolate chips, butter, and unsweetened chocolate. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute then stir. Continue heating in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the mixture is melted and smooth but not scorched. Remove from the microwave and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until light and thick, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula. Add the flour and salt, folding gently until well combined. Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cup of chocolate chips and pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. Pour the remaining batter over. Return to oven and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out with moist crumbs still attached. Do not overbake. Let cool to room temperature then place in the fridge to chill. The brownies are easiest to cut when chilled and can be served chilled, at room temperature, or warmed in the microwave.
Source : https://www.handletheheat.com/ultimate-gooey-brownies/