Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr
Crispy baked tofu brushed with a glazed made from apple cider and maple syrup.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Lauren Hartmann
- 2 Blocks Extra firm tofu
- Salt and Pepper to sprinkle on tofu
- 1 1/2 C. Apple cider
- 1/4 C. Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press the tofu, slice into desired shape. I cut mine into thick slices and then into triangles. Now place on paper towels, sprinkle with salt , then cover with more paper towels, then set something heavy on top. Press for at least 15 minutes, but the longer the better.
- When ready, spray a baking sheet with non stick spray. Then place the tofu on to the baking sheet. Spray the tops with non stick spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then bake on one side for 10-15 minutes, flip then bake on the other side for 10-15 minutes or until nice and crisp and firm.
- While the tofu is baking, make the glaze. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the apple cider and maple syrup. Stir. Start heating on medium high.
- Now add the mustard, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced slightly.
- Now make a corn starch slurry by whisking the corn starch and water together until fully combined. Now add to the glaze. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Now simmer for about 5 more minutes or until the glaze has thickened a bit. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a bit of salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat.
- Once the tofu is done, remove from the oven, brush one side with the glaze and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Then remove from the oven, flip and brush the other side with glaze. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- When the tofu is done, you can drizzle remaining glaze over, and serve immediately!
Source : https://www.rabbitandwolves.com/vegan-apple-cider-maple-glazed-tofu/