This Vegan Mashed Cauliflower with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms is the side dish you want on your holiday menu! It feels indulgent, yet it is healthy!
Course Side Dish
Cuisine vegan, gluten free
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 56 kcal
Author Willow Moon
- 1 head cauliflower chopped (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or Earth Balance
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 onion chopped (2 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- Slash balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Steam cauliflower. Set aside until cool. Mix in food processor with almond milk, salt, pepper, and olive oil or Earth Balance.
- Heat olive oil in a pan at medium low heat and add chopped onion. Stir the onion until it is coated with oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the onions.
- Stir the onions every few minutes or so. Cooking will take about 20 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan after 15 minutes. Add sliced mushroom, and cook a few minutes more.
- Reheat mashed cauliflower on stovetop or in microwave. Top with caramelized onions and mushrooms.
Source : https://createmindfully.com/vegan-mashed-cauliflower-with-caramelized-onions-and-mushrooms/