Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 55 mins
Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
Walnut Brownie Pie - think fudge brownie meets pecan pie! Brownie cookie crust with a sweet caramel flavoured filling & crunchy toasted walnuts. Fantastic!
Servings: 10 -12 servings
Author: Barry C. Parsons
For the Walnut Brownie Crust
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
For the Filling
- 4 large or extra large eggs or 5 medium, or 6 small
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
To prepare the Walnut Brownie Crust
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, vanilla extract and sugars well, before adding the eggs one at a time and beating until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and when they are almost mixed in fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Try not to over mix the dough which will be quite stiff.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour or so, then roll out to about a 10-12 inch round and place in a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. The dough is very forgiving so if it tears or cracks, just fill in any holes with scraps of dough and press them evenly into place. Make sure the dough is not stretched and is pushed well into the pan. Trim the edges of the dough.
To prepare the filling
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract and melted butter for 2-3 minutes until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the walnuts and pour into the prepared brownie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 -50 minutes or until the center is set and jiggles like jelly. Cool completely before serving.
Source : https://www.rockrecipes.com/walnut-brownie-pie/