- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 15 egg roll wraps
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 2-3 tbsp sweet and sour sauce (for dipping)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften on the counter for about 30 minutes (or soften in the microwave on defrost if you're in a hurry).
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- In a medium sized bowl, use a fork or spoon to mix the softened cream cheese with the garlic salt and green onions until well combined.
- Get a small bowl of water ready for dipping your fingers in, and pour about 2 tbsp of vegetable oil on a plate or shallow dish.
- One at a time, lay your egg roll wraps out on a flat surface, and then line about 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom portion of the egg roll wrap (the cream cheese does expand a little during the cooking process, so there's no need to spread the cream cheese all the way to the edges).
- Next, dip your fingers in water and generously moisten the top edge of the wrap, and then tightly roll the wrap around the cream cheese. Rub the moistened edge to seal it shut (just like an envelope). Add more water if needed.
- After all of your egg roll wraps are tightly rolled with the cream cheese mixture, roll them around one at a time in the plate of oil until they are well coated, paying special attention to the edges where they tend to cook the fastest.
- Place them on your lined baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, flipping them over half way through.
Recipe adapted from: Sugar & Wine