Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 -8
- 2 garlic cloves diced
1/4 cup flour
16 oz. dry pasta I used rigatoni
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup vegan parmesan
1/2 tsp. white pepper
2 1/2 cups unsweetened plain non-dairy milk
8 oz. vegan cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
dash of tabasco to taste
Optional Toppings: parmesan tabasco, parsley, red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and place pot back on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add butter to the pan. Once butter has melted, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add flour and whisk until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly. Once heated through and thickened, add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add parmesan, white pepper, ground mustard, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, pepper and tabasco. Stir to combine and taste sauce. Adjust seasoning as needed.*
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve with any of the optional toppings and enjoy!
*Need some acidity? Add in more lemon juice. Want it a little spicier? A few more hits of tabasco should do the trick.
Recipe By https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/best-vegan-white-mac-and-cheese/