A warm and savory queso dip with your favorite ale, ground beef, tomatoes, black beans, and fresh cilantro.
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale beer (or your favorite kind of beer)**
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (I used 85% lean)*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz.) block Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble the ground meat, adding in desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Once it’s nice and brown, flakes drain any excess grease, toss in the crushed red pepper and add the beer. Let the beer reduce for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir in the tomatoes, beans, and cilantro.
Serve with chips and savor every bite!
*You can substitute hot pork sausage (or regular) with the casings removed
**I had some Samuel Adams Rebel Rouser IPA on hand, it tasted great in this dip.