- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice**
- 2 T oat flour (sub for coconut flour for paleo option)
- 1 small-medium overripe banana, mashed
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I tried a paleo blend, a vegan blend and a casein blend)*
- 1 T pure maple syrup (can sub for another sticky sweetener)
- Dairy free milk of choice (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 T nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- Chocolate chips/nuts etc (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine your mashed banana with the protein powder, flour of choice, granulated sweetener of choice and sea salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Pour into the dry mixture and mix well until fully combined. If batter is still too crumbly, using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a very firm batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with chocolate chips/nuts etc if desired and enjoy or refrigerate for later.
* Protein powder is optional but if you do omit, add an extra tablespoon or two of flour. I don't use whey protein powder in my recipes because they generally tend to make recipes more liquid-like.
** I didn't use any sweetener as my protein powder was sweetened and my banana was sweet enough.
If you freeze the recipe, it's best to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Recipe By https://thebigmansworld.com/2015/10/07/healthy-edible-banana-bread-batter-for-one/