Prep Time 30 minutes Cook Time 40 minutes Serves 4 Servings
"Just Like the Real Thing" Low Carb Keto Lasagna - Peace Love and Low Carb
For The “Noodles”
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
For The Filling
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups Three Cheese Marinara Sauce, divided (get recipe here)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp minced onion flakes (I use these)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
FOR THE “NOODLES”
- This part will take the longest, so feel free to make the "noodles" the night before and just leave them in the fridge until you are ready for them.
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
- When the "noodles" are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized "noodle" layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
FOR THE FILLING
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, minced onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until the meat is browned.
Drain excess fat from pan and add ¾ cup marinara sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer
Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Bake for 20 minutes.
by Peace Love and Low Carb
Per Serving - Calories: 486 | Fat: 34g | Protein: 57g | Net Carbs: 9.5g