Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 large bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beefA pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp creole seasoning
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Prepare peppers by slicing off a little of the top and bottom of each pepper. Do not discard these. Cut out ribs and seeds. Slice into 3 thick rings and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment for easy clean up. Dice up remaining parts of peppers to use in meat mixture.
- Prepare meatloaf mix: Mix ground beef with seasoning, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, garlic, and remaining diced peppers until combined.
- Stuff each pepper with meat mixture leaving a dome of the mixture on top of each pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. (If you do not have an oven-safe pot, you will just transfer them into a casserole dish to bake later).
- Brown each stuffed pepper ring for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. You may need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your pot.
- Once, browned on each side, pour crushed tomatoes over the stuffed pepper rings. (Transfer to casserole dish before topping with crushed tomatoes if you do not have an oven-safe pot.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Top with fresh parsley and serve.