This no bake coconut pistachio cream pie is the perfect summer dessert. No oven needed! It's so easy to make with a toasted coconut crust and two layer of creamy and cool pistachio pudding and whipped cream.
- 1 bag (7 oz) coconut flakes (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1/3 cup melted butter butter or coconut oil
- cream pie
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- To make the coconut crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Dump entire bag of coconut flakes onto a baking sheet (do not spray with cooking spray). Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the coconut is golden brown.
- Combine the toasted coconut and melted butter in a bowl. Mix together and then press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. I reserve 1/4 cup of the toasted coconut for garnish on top of the pie. Put the pie crust in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the cream: Combine whole milk and pistachio pudding mix in a mixing bowl and whisk together until thick. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of the pudding into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Add the 1 cup whipped cream into the remaining pistachio pudding, and the coconut extract. Whisk to combine together and spread into the pie evenly.
- Put pie in the fridge for 3-4 hours. When ready to serve, garnish with additional whipped cream or Cool Whip, toasted coconut, and chopped pistachios (if wanted).
You can use 1 cup Cool Whip or you can whip your own. You will need 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to get 1 cup whipped cream. To whip the cream, pour heavy whipping cream in a bowl with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (to sweeten it) and beat until stiff peaks form. About 2-3 minutes.
I always use 1 cup heavy whipping cream and then beat it until stiff peaks form. I use 1 cup for the pie and then use the extra whipped cream to pipe on top of the pie for garnish.
Reserve 1/4 cup of the toasted coconut for garnish on top of the pie.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://togetherasfamily.com/2017/05/no-bake-coconut-pistachio-cream-pie/