Pina Colada Jello Shots turn a summer cocktail staple into fun shots perfect for any party! Rum, pineapple & coconut are a tropical combination that'll be a hit with all your friends!
Prep Time 3 hours 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Servings 12 jello shots
- 1 tablespoon 1 envelope unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut syrup Torani or Coco Real
- 1/2 cup white rum or coconut rum
- 12 maraschino cherries rinsed and dried
- 12 two-ounce plastic cups with lids
- Place plastic cups on a small baking sheet (for easy transporting). Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over 1/4 cup water, and allow the powder to soak in for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to the boiling water and whisk until dissolved. Pour the boiling water into the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the pineapple juice, coconut syrup, and rum. Whisk to combine.
- Pour jello mixture into prepared cups. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes until jello had begun to thicken.
- Remove jello from the fridge and place one cherry in the center of each cup. Press gently down to partially submerge the cherry. Refrigerate until completely set, about 2-3 hours.
- Cover each cup with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.