Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (not frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch seasoning mix (3 tablespoons)
8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
Hot sauce to taste
Slow Cooker Fiesta Ranch Cream Cheese Chicken is wonderfully creamy, seasoned to perfection and is as easy as dump and run! It makes the perfect make ahead filling for taquitos, tacos and burritos!
- Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add two tablespoons water.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and seasonings EXCEPT Ranch seasoning. Rub mixture all over chicken then place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker along with any remaining mixture. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before shredding. Drain excess liquid in slow cooker. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
- Top shredded chicken with cubed cream cheese and sprinkle with ranch seasoning. Cook on HIGH an additional 20 minutes then stir in cream cheese until chicken is evenly coated. Taste and add hot sauce to taste if desired.
- Delicious as filling in tacos, taquitos, burritos, enchiladas, etc.
*1/3 less fat cream cheese is already quite soft but if you use regular cream cheese, then you will need to soften it before adding to slow cooker.