Recipe type: Dessert
Makes: 16 bars
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 24 Golden Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (16.5 oz) package prepared sugar cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11x7 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush Golden Oreo cookies in a large, resealable zip top bag with a meat mallet or large soup can. (You could also crush them using your blender or food processor.) Combine the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, mixing until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until nice and smooth. Spread over the top of Oreo crust.
- Remove cookie dough from package and use your hands to flatten small clumps to cover the cheesecake filling. Continue adding flattened pieces of cookie dough until the top is completely covered. You may have some dough left over to make cookies with, or just to snack on. :)
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until top is set and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before slicing to help bars set up completely. If you're like me, taking a warm gooey slice is perfectly acceptable before doing that step, though! Enjoy!