Your kids will love making this Thanksgiving turkey veggie tray. Plus it's a great way to get them to eat their veggies! Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand. Inspired by Food.com
Servings: 10 servings
Author: Diana Johnson
- bag of baby carrots
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced, or two cocktail cucumbers
- 1 red bell pepper look for one with three bumps on the bottom
- bag of sugar snap peas
- Ranch dressing (or your favorite veggie dip
- 2 black peppercorns
- Place a small glass bowl at the bottom end of a round platter.
- Slice the bottom off of the bell pepper and set aside. Discard the stem and seeds, then slice the rest of the pepper into sticks.
- Arrange sugar snap peas all the way around the outer edge of the platter.
- Arrange bell pepper sticks around the platter, slightly overlapping the inside ends of the sugar snap peas.
- Arrange baby carrots around the platter, slightly overlapping the inside ends of the bell peppers.
- Arrange slices of cucumber in a pile in the center of the carrots, just above the bowl.
- Fill the bowl with dip, then place the bell pepper end on top of the dip, cut side down.
- Cut the ends off of a baby carrot, then cut a triangle out of one end and place it in the center of the bell pepper end for a beak.
- Place to peppercorns above the carrot for eyes.
- Slice another baby carrot in half lengthwise and carve into legs with feet. Place them on top of the dip at the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate if not serving within the next hour.