- 1 Head of Garlic large
- 13 oz Red Bell Peppers nearly 2 medium* (See note), 368g
- 1 lb Eggplant 454g
- 2 C Olive Tapenade * 462g, See Notes, I purpose homemade
- 1 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 lb Loaf of Ciabatta or Rustic Sourdough Loaf (454g),
- 3 Tbs Pepperoncini sliced thin
- 1 C Canned Artichokes halved, rinsed, drained as well as whatever tough leaves removed, 234g
- 2 Leaves of Swiss Chard or a few hand-fulls of about other sturdy leafy greenish such equally spinach.
- 3 Slices of Smoked Provolone optional
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 2-3 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil equally needed divided
Thing is, you lot don’t bespeak a panini press to brand this. It’s a mutual depression temperature sandwich, snugly wrapped inwards plastic roll thus placed inwards the refrigerator as well as weighed downward amongst something heavy similar box wine, or a shape Fe skillet. It needs to residual for a few hours or overnight inwards the fridge. Flavor improves amongst resting.
This Italian Pressed Sandwich is packed amongst roasted eggplant, scarlet bell pepper, garlic, a sturdy greenish of your choosing, artichoke hearts as well as a mouth-watering Olive Tapenade. Add smoked provolone, or not.
The bread? I purpose a rustic sourdough Irish Gaelic patato loaf, but ciabatta is a sturdy breadstuff that’ll represent upward to the weight of these ingredients too.
Italian Pressed Sandwich
A fabulous, on the instruct sandwich for tailgating, picnicking, tiffin or party. It's slowly to brand as well as feeds a pocket-sized crowd! vegetarian or vegan (be certain to read notes on pre-packaged ingredients)
Prep Time twenty minutes
Cook Time xl minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Full Recipes>>Italian Pressed Sandwich