It’s a fun, fruity salad that’s cracking for picnics, backyard barbecues, potlucks or anytime you lot bring company. While this recipe is gluten free, because the pie filling as well as Jell-O both purpose cornstarch equally a thickener, I would non assort it equally healthy. Blueberry Salad is rich plenty to serve equally a dessert. Yes, please! 🙂
Years ago, earlier the advent of the Internet, cookbooks used to hold out the agency you lot flora novel recipes. I loved collecting them. I flora iii Women’s Circle Cookbooks dorsum inwards the real early on 1990s that I completely devoured. I went through EACH recipe highlighting the ones I wanted to make, adding additions or subtractions to each recipe. Several of our favorite recipes bring come upwards from those paperback cookbooks. Blueberry Salad was i of those recipes.
I used to brand this lovely salad oftentimes whenever I catered salad luncheons for the Baptist Convention of New England inwards the 1990s. Everyone ever loved this recipe, as well as if you lot brand it, you’ll encounter why. It has the best flavors ever! The pineapple as well as blueberries from the huckleberry pie filling laissez passer on it texture as well as the cream cheese layer provides an fantabulous contrast inwards flavors.
Blueberry Salad is as well as then squeamish to serve equally a side dish during the summertime when it’s hot outside, although you lot tin detect the ingredients for this recipe twelvemonth ’round. This is likewise a cracking salad to brand for Thanksgiving, Christmas as well as other holidays throughout the year. If you lot bring potlucks or solid unit of measurement reunions coming up, surprise your friends as well as relatives amongst this lovely salad, uh, dessert! They volition build clean the dish downward to the final drop!
- 2 3-oz. pkg. JELL-O grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 large tin undrained crushed pineapple
- 16-oz. tin huckleberry pie filling
- 1 loving cup sour cream
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 loving cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Blueberry Salad | Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen | this is i of our favorite summertime side dishes. It uses #blueberry pie filling, #pineapple & has a #creamcheese topping. It's perfect for whatever #holiday menu. #salad #glutenfree
- In a 9x13” pan, mix the gelatin as well as boiling H2O until dissolved.
- Add undrained pineapple as well as huckleberry pie filling.
- Stir as well as allow gear upwards inwards fridge or freezer.
- Mix sour cream amongst softened cream cheese, sugar, as well as vanilla.
- Do non over beat.
- Spread on overstep of the gear upwards gelatin mixture.
- Chill i time to a greater extent than inwards refrigerator.
thank you lot done portion recipes to : cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2014/09/30/blueberry-salad/