This Cassatta Ricotta takes payoff of the convenience of starting alongside a store-bought sponge cake. Slices of sponge cake are drizzled alongside orangish juice as well as triple second to laissez passer it a sweetness orangish flavor. In betwixt the layers of cake is a mixture of fresh ricotta cheese, orangish zest, sugar, vanilla plus a trivial to a greater extent than of the orangey triple second liqueur.
The layers of cake as well as filling are pressed downward nether weights (you tin purpose dried beans inwards a plastic bag) inwards a loaf pan as well as chilled until firm. During the chilling process, the cake absorbs some of the wet from the ricotta filling transforming this into a creamy as well as delicious dessert!
You tin equally good swap inwards angel nutrient cake for the sponge cake inwards this Cassatta Ricotta – only the finished texture volition live slightly less creamy (but all the same delicious!). I’ve equally good included a link inwards the recipe inwards representative you’d similar to brand a homemade sponge cake rather than buying a shop bought cake.
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons triple second liqueur, divided
- 4 ounces candied citrus pare (lemon or orange), finely chopped – shop bought or homemade if y'all prefer
- 1 16-ounce sponge cake (or angel nutrient cake) – shop bought or homemade if y'all prefer
- ¼ loving cup fresh orangish juice
- Additional candied citrus pare for garnish, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, rhythm out together the ricotta cheese, orangish zest, granulated sugar, vanilla extract as well as 1 tablespoon of the triple sec. Once mixed, identify one-third of the mixture inwards a minor bowl, embrace as well as refrigerate until y'all are laid upwards to serve.
- Add the candied citrus pare to the remaining ricotta mixture inwards the mixing bowl as well as stir to combine. Set aside.
- Slice the cake into around xvi slices that are close 1 inch to 1½ inches thick.
- Line the bottom of a 5-cup loaf pan alongside a while of parchment newspaper that has been cutting to gibe the bottom of the pan. Arrange four of the cake slices adjacent inwards the bottom of the pan – fierce the cake into smaller pieces if necessary to practise a solid layer of cake. Evenly drizzle 1 tablespoon of the triple second as well as 1 tablespoon of orangish juice over the cake layer – allowing it to soak in. Spoon close 1/3 of the ricotta as well as candied citrus mixture over the cake, evenly spreading over the cake.
- Repeat 2 to a greater extent than times – a layer of cake, drizzle of triple second as well as drizzle of orangish juice, as well as a layer of ricotta-candied citrus peel. Top alongside a concluding layer of cake slices.
- Cut some other while of parchment newspaper to gibe over the operate yesteryear layer of the cake. Also cutting a minor while of cardboard the same size as well as identify that over the parchment paper. Place some weights on operate yesteryear of the cardboard (you tin purpose pie weights or dried beans inwards a zipper seal bag) – this volition press the layers of cake as well as ricotta together equally the cake chills.
- Chill cake for at to the lowest degree 2 hours or overnight.
- When laid upwards to serve, take the weights, cardboard as well as parchment from the operate yesteryear of the pan. Run a sparse knife or spatula downward about the sides of the loaf pan to loosen the cake from the sides. Place a serving platter over the loaf pan, as well as therefore invert the pan. Gently elevator the loaf pan, checking that the cake is sliding out. (If necessary, run the knife about the edges again.) Lift the loaf pan off the cake as well as take the parchment newspaper from the operate yesteryear of the cake.
- Gently spread the reserved ricotta mixture over the operate yesteryear of the cake similar a frosting. Top alongside additional candied citrus pare if desired.
- Slice to serve.
thank y'all done part recipes to : https://www.afamilyfeast.com/cassata-ricotta-sponge-cake-with-ricotta/