From Cooking Light
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 loving cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated grapefruit rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 loving cup milk
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 loving cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Coat a 10-inch subway scheme pan amongst baking spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, in addition to tabular array salt to take away lumps.
- Place granulated sugar, butter, in addition to cream cheese inwards the bowl of a standmixer; trounce at high speed until low-cal in addition to fluffy. Add eggs, i at a time. Beat inwards oil, rind, in addition to vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in addition to milk alternately to the butter mixture. Spoon batter into pan in addition to smoothen out the piece of job past times amongst a safe spatula.
- Bake close i hr or until a wooden selection inserted inwards middle comes out generally clean. Cool inwards pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake. Cool completely earlier glazing.
- To brand the glaze, house juice inwards a saucepan over medium-high heat; convey to a boil. Cook until reduced to three tablespoons (about iv minutes). Cool slightly. Whisk inwards powdered saccharide until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cake.