If y'all convey never had Fried Ice Cream, you’re actually missing out, as well as I create hateful REALLY missing out! I should likely get-go off past times maxim I LOVE H2O ice cream. It’s likely my biggest weakness. And Cinco de Mayo is coming up, thence perfect excuse for this recipe!!!
What is Fried Ice Cream?
There are many versions of fried H2O ice cream. Some are fried as well as some are not. You’ll by as well as large encounter fried H2O ice cream at Mexican restaurants although some Asian as well as Thai restaurants also convey a version.
Some versions convey y'all twine a ball of H2O ice cream inwards breadstuff or dough as well as deep fry it. Then it may live topped amongst beloved or H2O ice cream sauces (like hot fudge, caramel, or strawberry sauce), whipped cream, and/or cherries.
Unfortunately, nosotros don’t convey many Mexican restaurants or thence here. I used to LOVE Chi Chi’s fried H2O ice cream growing upwards (remember that restaurant?). I wanted to come upwards up amongst an slow fried H2O ice cream I could bask at home. I’ve had to build my ain Mexican nutrient which has been fun, but I yet missy my Mexican restaurants amongst fried H2O ice cream!
This fried H2O ice cream amongst corn flakes powerfulness non live completely “authentic” but it’s slow as well as delicious. You tin hand notice fifty-fifty larn far gluten free! Just build certain your build of H2O ice cream, corn flakes, as well as other ingredients are gluten free.
- 1 (18 oz.) box corn flake cereal
- 1/2 loving cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 loving cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 (1 1/2 quarts) containers vanilla H2O ice cream (18 cups H2O ice cream)
- Toppings (optional): sauces (Caramel or Cajeta, Hot Fudge, Strawberry Sauce, Honey, Maple Syrup, etc), whip cream, cherries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place cereal inwards a nutrient processor as well as procedure until finely crushed (or identify cereal inwards batches inwards sealable plastic bags as well as shell amongst rolling pivot or pan). Place crushed cereal inwards a large mixing bowl as well as mix inwards butter. Stir inwards saccharide as well as cinnamon until good blended.
- Place cereal mixture on baking sheet(s) inwards sparse layer as well as bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring afterward every 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven as well as cool completely.
- Line some baking sheets or plates amongst wax newspaper (or parchment paper). Make almost 36 (1/2 cup) or xviii (1 cup) scoops of H2O ice cream as well as identify on baking sheets. Don’t worry if they’re non circular scoops, simply separate out the H2O ice cream as well as larn the scoops dorsum inwards the freezer fast! Freeze almost thirty minutes or until hard.
- Working inwards batches (leave some of the H2O ice cream scoops inwards the freezer thence that it doesn’t melt), gyre H2O ice cream into balls (I similar to run disposable plastic gloves), gyre inwards crushed cereal thence pose balls dorsum inwards freezer. Freeze some other thirty minutes or until difficult or develop to serve. Serve amongst your favorite toppings.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make certain the cereal mixture is completely cooled earlier rolling the H2O ice cream inwards it. Work amongst the H2O ice cream inwards batches as well as move along the residuum inwards the freezer thence that the H2O ice cream doesn’t melt likewise much.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Use whatever flavour of H2O ice cream or run frozen yogurt or lowfat H2O ice cream. You could also add together other things to the cereal mixture such equally chopped nuts, toasted coconut, other cereals, chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc. For a gluten gratis dessert build certain your build of H2O ice cream, corn flakes, as well as other ingredients are gluten free.
cheers done part recipes to : https://snappygourmet.com/crispy-fried-ice-cream/