YIELD: ONE 8X8 PAN, 9 TO 12 GENEROUS SQUARES
1 loving cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
3/4 loving cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 loving cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
heaping 1/2 loving cup salted caramel sauce (homemade or storebought, or regular caramel sauce) + to a greater extent than for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan amongst aluminum foil, spray amongst cooking spray; gear upwards aside.
- To the bowl of a stand upwards mixer fitted amongst the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl in addition to electrical mixer) combine the butter, sugars, in addition to musical rhythm out on medium-high speed until creamed, fluffy, in addition to good combined, close iii minutes.
- Stop, scrape downwardly the sides of the bowl in addition to add together the vanilla in addition to musical rhythm out on medium-high speed until good combined, close 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape downwardly the sides of the bowl in addition to add together the flour in addition to musical rhythm out on depression speed until simply combined, close 1 minute. Dough shouldn’t live on overly sticky. If yours is viscous (mine was because I baked on a humid day), add together 1 to ii tablespoons flour, or every bit needed, until dough comes together without feeling sticky, withal don’t over-do it or dough could transcend crumbly.
- Visit Salted Caramel Buttery Crumb Bars @ averiecooks.com for amount directions.