YIELD: SERVES 4
Prep Time :10 min
Cook Time :15 min
Total Time :25 min
- 8 ounces (225g) pasta (I used linguine, utilization any you lot like)
- 1 pound shrimp (shelled)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 loving cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 loving cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the bundle directions inwards a large pot of boiling water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, rut a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Toss the shrimp alongside the olive crude oil in addition to the cajun seasoning. Add the shrimp to the skillet in addition to attain for almost four minutes, flipping once, until they are completely pink. Set aside in addition to proceed warm.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic in addition to cook, stirring for almost xxx seconds, until fragrant. Whisk inwards the flour, in addition to cook, whisking constantly, until it is lightly browned, almost i minute. Slowly whisk inwards the milk, stirring until it is incorporated in addition to smooth. Add the thyme, oregano, salt, pepper in addition to parmesan in addition to whisk continuously for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Reduce the rut to a depression simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Toss together the pasta in addition to alfredo sauce in addition to serve alongside the cajun shrimp on top. Garnish alongside parsley in addition to additional parmesan if desired.
Source: Adapted from Weight Watcher's New Complete Cookbook .